Top Ten Tips for Staying Well in the Spring
Written by Rachel Kriger, Pediatric & Adult Acupuncturist
Derived from the wisdom of the Five Elements
10) Use your power stored up from winter to declare what you want to see happen in your life. Generate feelings of joy and confidence as you see your visions manifest!
9) Practice making short & long term plans, using discipline and flexibility. In other words, make the time for your task and if circumstances change, be willing to make another plan.
8) Exercise your eyes by focusing as wide as you can, as far as you can, and as close as you can. Then, close your eyes and focus inwards.
7) Prune your doubts. Let go of what is no longer necessary (things, thoughts, etc.). This will make room for new creativity and growth.
6) Spring is a time for dreams and visions. Pay attention to your dreams and see how they can guide you in your life plans.
5) Have a daily routine/rhythm for sleep, eating & exercise. Go to bed early and wake up early. Eat leafy green vegetables and incorporate peppery & bitter tastes. Create an attitude of gratitude while preparing & eating meals. Regular exercise will help keep your qi (energy) moving smoothly.
4) Wear a scarf (even if it is warm out) to protect your neck from the wind. Be prepared for fickle indecisive weather outside AND in your way of being. Release judgments about yourself when you change course.
3) If you feel frustrated or angry, it is best to do this away from other people. You can shout into a pillow, punch the air, scream in the car with the windows closed, and/or cry. Wait & breathe. Then, let it go, or be creative & take effective action.
2) When you notice yourself in opposition to a person or situation, see the challenge as an opportunity for growth. Be flexible, benevolent, and willing to see beyond your expectations.
1) As in all times of the year, follow these suggestions to the degree that they are helpful for you, and pay attention to your unique body. In springtime, focus on your liver, which stores emotions, and your tendons & ligaments, which can enhance flexibility.
Ready to create healing & wellness for yourself & your family?
Call Rachel today: 215-495-3229